Thursday, July 23, 2015

Fantasia2015 Capsules: OBSERVANCE, RAIDERS! The Story of the Greatest Fan Film Ever Made

OBSERVANCE
Man grieving the death of his son is hired to watch a woman- then things get weird.

I have no idea- I really don't. Might be because I saw this late and looked away or because it just didn't work for me but I just don't get it.


RAIDERS! The Story of the Greatest Fan Film Ever Made
Story of the guys who began a shot for shot remake of  RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK when they were 11. Its the saga of how they did what they did over the following 7 plus years.

Intriguing story is made dull by the over length the realization that you've heard much of this before.  I got to a certain point and simply stopped caring. This is an over long DVD extra about a home movie. No offense to these guys and gals but  I like the idea of the remake a hell of a lot more than I like the remake. I likewise feel that I like the story of how they(in generalities) did it more than knowing the details.

To be brutally honest my over riding thought while watching this was why the fuck is this 92 minutes.

This is time I'll never get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment