Thursday, January 2, 2014

Putting the Treefort Film Festival and the Salt City Horror Fest on your radars

I know the year has barely started but I want to let you know about a couple of film festivals that will be happening in a few months. I know you’re wondering why am I telling you now? Simply if I don’t tell you now you can make the effort to try and go.

First up is the Treefort Film Festival in Boise Idaho. Those of you who know me know I will frequently use Boise as the name of a far off place so it’s some how karma that I’m telling you about a film festival there.

The festival, which runs March 19-23 is part of Treefort Music Festival which is a and arts festival. I’ve been in contact with some of the organizers and it sounds really cool. I know I’m not going to make it to the fest this year, I have the run up to some obligations already slotted. I’ll be providing information as it become available but for now if you’re looking for a new festival to try this may very well fit the bill (If you go to the music festival you can go to the film festival). For more details go here.



The other festival is Salt City Horror Festival  in Syracuse New York. A one day horror marathon running on April 19 this is a really cool festival. The line up of films is incredible and were I not going to be at Tribeca it would have been a road trip.

The film list is as follows:
LOST BOYS
INVISIBLE MAN (original)
13 GHOSTS (William Castle using Illusion-O vision viewers)
PUMPKINHEAD
John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN 2
CANDYMAN
SLEEPAWAY CAMP
STORY OF RIKI-OH
ERNEST SCARED STUPID
Jack Ketchum and MODERNCINE 2007 Horror Film: THE GIRL NEXT DOOR.

All are 35mm prints

For information on advance sale tickets please call 315-436-4723
The Facebook Page is here

Further details:
The Palace Theater
2384 James Street
Syracuse, NY 13090

Doors open at 11am
First film at noon

Alcohol served to those over 21 years of age. Lobby will be filled with vendors and more surprises TBA

Additional websites:
www.palaceonjames.com
http://www.filminsyracuse.com/
www.syracusefilm.net

No comments:

Post a Comment