Thursday, September 5, 2013

Red Obsession hits theaters tomorrow


One of the best films I saw at Tribeca, Red Obsession, hits theaters and VOD tomorrow.

The film is an amazing look at the Chinese relationship with the French wine industry.

Yea I know we like we really need another film about wine, and normally I would say you were right, but the truth of the matter is, this isn’t so much about wine as it is about how commodities are controlled valued and go boom and sometimes bust. Think about anything that has ever been collectible from tulips in Amsterdam a couple of centuries ago, to comic books, baseball cards, beanie babies or tech stocks in recent years. If you ever wanted to know how the weird financial gyrations happen see this film since it will show you how it all happens.

If you want to see what I originally thought my Tribeca review can be found here.

I want to mention that as part of the coverage at Tribeca I did an interview with the producer and director of the film. The plan was to have the piece up in time for the opening tomorrow, however due to a situation beyond my control the interview hasn’t been transcribed fully yet. If luck holds I should have it up and running sometime over the weekend.

Until then, do yourself a favor and see Red Obsession
David Roach and Warwick Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment