Sunday, July 21, 2013

FANTASIA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL coverage is coming.


I know it started a couple of days back but Unseen Films will be providing some coverage of the legendary FANTASIA International Film Festival in Montreal. I have been told for years that I need to go to Montreal to be at one of the coolest film festivals on earth, and while that won't be happening this year we have managed to make arrangements to get some coverage over the next two or three weeks.(Next year damn it we'll all go next year) For those of us exhausted from NYAFF and Japan Cuts this is out of the frying pan and into the fire...

Since some of the films have played NYAFF and Tribeca here's a list to our coverage of things we've seen:

BAD FILM
BIG BAD WOLVES -My take and Mondo's take
BROKEN CIRCLE BREAKDOWN
THE COMPLEX
CONFESSION OF MURDER
DRUG WAR
FRANKENSTEIN'S ARMY Mondo's take and mine
HELTER SKELTER Mondo's take and mine
HENTAI KAMEN
HOW TO USE GUYS WITH SECRET TIPS
IP MAN FINAL FIGHT
ITS ME ITS ME
LAST TYCOON
LESSON OF EVIL
THE MACHINE
MISTAKEN FOR STRANGERS
RAZE
ROOFTOP
RURUONI KENSHIN
SECRETLY GREATLY
TALES FROM THE DARK PART 1
THERMAE ROMAE
V/H/S2
WE WILL LIVE AGAIN- My brief take from Tribeca was as follows:  a really creepy look at cryonics. No idea if it's good but any film that has people talking about putting more dry ice on a head so it doesn't thaw is creepy 
WHEN A WOLF FALLS IN LOVE WITH A SHEEP


Assuming I can get our literal correspondent in Japan to report in I'll have word on SHIELD OF STRAW, and if I can pull it together I'll review SAVING GENERAL YANG

Keep reading because reviews should start appearing in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment