Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ninjas vs the Mafia (1985)


This is an often silly Chinese martial arts film that concerns two guys who help out a Chinese mob boss and get caught up in a mob war that brings American gangsters and ninjas into the mix.

In all fairness I'm going to have to take a pass at rating this film since how you find the film will depend up how you take its broad comedy mixed with action and drama. I know that when I was watching the film the other night I was very much not in a silly mood and the result was that I found the film hard to take. Perhaps it was the lateness of the hour, perhaps it was simply the film didn't click with me; for whatever reason I didn't really care for it.

On the other hand I have a couple of friends whose opinions I trust who find the film very funny. What sort of mileage you get out of the film is up to you

No comments:

Post a Comment