Saturday, April 21, 2012

Let Fury Take the Hour (2012) Tribeca 2012

I'm just going to say a few quick things about Let Fury Take the Hour.

This is look at the music and poetry that came out of the the Regan/Thatcher era and how it still resonates today.

Filled with great music, great interviews (with people like Billy Bragg, John Sayles, Chuck D, Lewis Black, Eve Ensler amongst other). Its a hopeful look at how the swing to the right in the early 80s caused people step up and take a stand and not bow down to commercial interests...not to mention create some fantastic music and art.

This is a wonderful film that you really need to see. I'm not going to say much more than that right now because there is a talk at Tribeca on Monday following the film with the director and several people from the film like Lewis Black. Mondocurry is going...and I'm going to be trying to get a ticket myself so I can see it again. I want to wait for a full review until after the screening and talk.

Until then you should just go see this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment