Friday, October 21, 2011

The Cat (1988)


Bank robbery movie from Germany is hailed by some as the best of the genre, while I wouldn't go that far I would have to say its a damn good film worth your time and popcorn.

The basic plot is simple, two guys rob a bank, however it quickly turns into something much more complicated as the police show up and the real brains behind the robbery proves to be outside the bank controlling events.

The film begins and I was struck by the sense that this was going to be a piece of Euro-sleaze, however it wasn't long before the film had grabbed me and pulled me into its web of tension. You're never really sure where this thing is going or what the ultimate plan or outcome is going to be. Its nice to see a movie that completely surprises you from start to finish.

This is a small missed placed gem to try and find(I got mine from Video Search of Miami)

(FYI: The print I saw was titled: Lives of a Cat and was dubbed into English and had Japanese subtitles)

No comments:

Post a Comment